Featuring colorist Ronda Francis

Wednesday, October 2, 2019

My New Coloring Book EVERYDAY MAGIC Is Coming Soon!

Finally!

My newest coloring book, EVERYDAY MAGIC, is at the printer.



It's been way too long, so thank you for your patience.
Everyday Magic is about the wonder of the ordinary, and the amazing things that happen to all of us in our day-to-day lives.

It all started as I was taking photos of the super moon in Watchung, New Jersey. As a giant tangerine orb rose over the skyline of NYC, I thought to myself that it would be hard to imagine something more amazing. My mind wandered, and I realized that little things happen all the time that we so often overlook. 


Not long after, I was thinking of a friend I hadn't spoken to for a bit, and the phone rang...who do you think it was? Yup. Another example of Everyday Magic.

I started to look for magic...and you know what? The more I looked the more I found.

I thought of a blue feather...on purpose...and a gray/blue feather ended up on my porch the next day.

I had a conversation with a friend about the possibility of UFOs and life on other planets...five minutes later my husband called my out to the deck to see two very strange sets of lights in the night sky. Aliens? No...but it was amazing thinking they could have been until they were close enough for us to realize they were planes.

Some of these magical things that happened were so uncanny it seemed that something otherworldly was intervening, so in the book I represented those moments in the book with images of fairies or elves, or sometimes animals and plants that are part of out everyday lives.

EVERYDAY MAGIC Artist's Edition is available on Etsy for PRESALE AT THIS LINK right now. It has 30 single sided images printed on thick, lovely artist's grade paper. The binding is removable, so each sheet can be colored on a clipboard or desk. No need to cut or rip. The pages can them be replaced inside the binding for safe keeping.

The Amazon Edition will follow a few weeks later, with two copies of each image for double the coloring fun. Both books are 8.5 x 11.

I am currently conducting a COLORING CONTEST. The winner will be featured on the back of the Amazon version of EVERYDAY MAGIC...I hope you enter. Click here to be directed to the DEA LENIHAN Coloring Gallery to enter:  CLICK TO ENTER

Here are some images...hope you like them! With a little hocus pocus, I'm sure you will do your OWN magic and make these images come to life. Coloring isn't as "cool" as Kylie Jenner, but I wouldn't want my magic any other way.


Thank you for reading! 💗xo Dea

3 comments: